In a perfect world, the title sales manager would be replaced with sales coach.
"Manager" is a title, but coaching is a mission. It's not enough to manage sales professionals, "managers" must transform into coaches so they can inspire their sales professionals to earn what they're worth.
- Sales coaches and sales pros reach goals together.
- One key attribute that separates coaches from managers is a coach's ability to perpetuate cultural accountability in standards of self and team performance, personal and team goals, and business success.
- Coaches learn how to keep their sales pros accountable to specific behaviors and techniques that are crucial to internal and external growth.
- Training sales coaches begins with understanding, acknowledging, and maintaining the purpose of a sales coach.
- This purpose is the force-factor behind all decisions, goals, and overall performance.
- Sales coaches who are grounded and understand the whys behind certain beliefs can lead sales professionals.